Guerlain's Figue Iris


I must admit that I have been in somewhat of a fragrance slump lately. I still enjoy reading reviews and entering discussions on some of my fellow bloggers' sites about the latest in the world of perfume, but I would find myself going without scent for days. I think I was just recharging my olfactory battery...

So I was surprised when I went to Sephora yesterday and wandered into the fragrance section to test their wares. I came across Guerlain's Figue Iris from their Aqua Allegoria collection.

The bottle was the first thing that called to me. Simplistic, yet opulent looking, I picked up Figue Iris. Figs are my favorite fruit and I have enjoyed iris scents like Prada's Infusion d'Iris, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was skeptical, however, as I have yet to find a fig fragrance for the body that speaks to me (I'm still not a fan of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Figure- although I haven't given up on it yet).

Let's just say that I got my proverbial "groove" back with this scent. Light and effervescent (perfect for one who is slowly entering back into the fragrant world), Figue Iris has a succulent fruity and powdery note. It is green and fresh and feels like the perfect fragrance for the emerging Spring.

In fact, I'm so used to not wearing scent lately that I forgot I had it on throughout the day and wondered what that 'heavenly aroma' was... I think that is always a good sign!

Guerlain's Figue Iris contains notes of Fig, Iris, Vanilla, Vetiver, Bergamot and Pink Grapefruit

Figue Iris can be purchased at: www.sephora.com


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.