mother's day


Happy Mother's Day and well done for all those who managed to get through it without major tears (theirs or a child's), guilt (mainly theirs) or an insane urge to just run screaming out of the door.
I solo-parented thru this mother's day. It was hard work not to expect some kind of celebration (I got the best ever Mother's Day gift back on my first one anyway - my son finally came home for the first time from the hospital, nothing beats that!) or easy ride but the Wee Guy and I made it through the daylight hours without falling out in a major way. We even managed a civilised early dinner out together which didn't end with me telling him that in no way would I ever consider taking him out for a meal again. Progress!
... and I managed to pack in some gardening too so it can't have been all bad.
I also checked in on PostSecret for their mother's day cards. This was the one that stopped me in my tracks. My heart goes out to the mother who wrote the card. I have no idea what you are going through but I do have some understanding of it.
Earlier this year my genetic testing results came back - I found out that I did not carry a particularly nasty gene deletion. Although admittedly relieved at not having to face the certainty of unpleasant medical screening for the rest of my inevitably shortened life, most of my joy was at knowing that there is no way I can have passed it on to my son.
Happy Mother's Day


Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.