Notes on Eating- Comme les Français

I am only three days into my experiment on eating comme les Francais (see post below) and I've already learned a lot. I went into it kicking and screaming and although I am doing it with much more ease now, I still feel some resistance. It's not like I need the Eiffel tower outside my window in order to savor my food! (Or that's what I keep telling myself anyway). Eiffel tower aside, here are my notes for the past few days:

Saturday

Breakfast: Woke up late and skipped breakfast… oops!

Lunch: Roast chicken and potato gratin (leftovers). Started out by sitting down (yellow cloth napkin in lap). Ate alone and enjoyed it. Then cell phone rang, long distance call from NY, had to take it. Gobbled up rest and vowed to do better at dinner.

Dinner: Ordered sushi (by delivery) with B. Enjoyed this meal immensely! Sat and savored.

Observation: When I sit down to eat my meals I snack less throughout the day… hmmm.

Sunday

Breakfast: Temptation to eat at the computer was ridiculous. Pulled back the curtains, sat down and noticed the first pink blossom on the hibiscus tree outside my window. Oatmeal and Green tea.

Lunch: Ate with B. Turkey Panini with chips. Panini was dreadful but was grateful to have the presence of mind to realize it was dreadful and not eat the entire thing mindlessly.

Dinner: The meals are getting more rapturous and romantic (maybe because I was drinking wine). Not as tedious as this morning to sit down and focus on the ambiance and food. Spaghetti Bolognese.

Monday


Breakfast: Two pieces of toast and green tea. Today I looked forward to eating while looking at the view from my window. It was much more calming than eating in front of the computer…

Voila my notes so far. Are doing this experiment along with me? If so, I would love to hear your observations...


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.