The Extras in my 10 Item Wardrobe

For this special Thursday post I thought I'd give you a glimpse of some of the extras in my 10 Item Wardrobe- many of which are investment pieces. Investment pieces can mean different things to different people- it all depends on what you have in your fashion budget.

Trench coat by A.P.C.


I love this coat. It is so well constructed and will probably last forever. It's a classic French cut and goes with everything...


Black Wool coat by J. Crew

I got this for our trips to London. J. Crew gives you the option of ordering coats in various thicknesses (I believe they call it 'thinsulate') depending on how warm you need to be... this one is very warm!



Grey blazer by Banana Republic


This is not an investment piece but it just a wonderful and versatile blazer. I recently wore it with black trousers (from my 10 item wardrobe) and a white silk tank to tour a potential preschool for my daughter and felt very pulled together.



Black sweater blazer by BCBG Max Azria


I really love blazers because they can dress up any outfit- especially jeans. The gold buttons add a special touch...


Black cocktail dress by Alexander McQueen

This was a present from Mr. Connoisseur from one of the collections right before Alexander McQueen's tragic death. Here I'm wearing it to the Project Runway premiere with Romi... I'll cherish this dress forever.



Royal blue cocktail dress by Temperley


This dress has such a regal feel. I wore it to a winter wedding in London last year. The fabric is very thick and luxurious and the jeweled bow brings me joy...


Black satin peep-toe pumps by Dolce & Gabbana

These shoes are classic, sexy and will go with most of the dresses I own, making them a wise investment.



Black leather medium height heels by Ferragamo


These shoes are great for when you have a daytime event that calls for heels and you don't want to go too high, or when you might be on your feet for a long time. They are so comfortable and very well made...



Black nubuck ballet flats by London Sole


I love these shoes and wear them all the time- they are comfortable and stylish and perfect for daytime.



White leather embossed faux-snakeskin handbag by London Sole


This is a great tote for summertime and the leather gets softer and more supple with each use.


Black leather doctor's bag by Monserat de Lucca

I love this bag and have had it for almost 3 years now- I will probably retire it soon and search for a new signature bag. I've always loved the quilted Chanel handbags but they are not in my budget yet... one day!



Tortoise shell wayfarers by Zooey Deschanel for Oliver Peoples


These are my signature shades- I love them so much I wish I'd bought two pairs!

I would love to know... what are your investment pieces?



The Daily Connoisseur is now available on Amazon Kindle


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.