Coco Mademoiselle


I re-learned a lesson today in the art of perfume appreciation. When I was 18, my father was working in Cannes, France for the summer and my mother and I had the good fortune of joining him there for six weeks. It was a transformational trip for me… my first time in Europe and the beginning of my life long love affair with European culture. During our time in the South of France we visited the perfume laboratories in Grasse, the perfume capital of the world. I knew little to nothing about perfume back then and was fascinated with the tour of the facility at Fragonard, where I learned about the art of appreciating fine perfume.

Today I tried a sample of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle based on several positive reviews I read in books and over the internet. My initial reaction was neither positive or negative. The top notes seemed to linger for a long time and were very heady and spicy. I dismissed it as not being “for me” and almost washed it off my wrist when I arrived home an hour and a half later. Something stopped me, however, and I am so glad I let the fragrance linger! It has since developed into an intoxicating aroma that has mixed with my body chemistry like a heavenly match. I am so glad I gave this one a chance!

Of course, they suggested this at Fragonard so many years ago… but I somehow forgot that one must have patience when waiting for fine things to develop.

Coco Mademoiselle has top notes of orange, bergamot and grapefruit. Middle notes of Litchi, rose and Italian Jasmine; and base notes of Indonesian Patchouli, Hawaiian vetiver and Bourbon Vanilla.

www.coco-mademoiselle.com


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.