Scent- It's a Personal Thing Part II


For the follow-up to my blog entitled, “Scent- It’s a Personal Thing”, I have interviewed some of the women that are closest to me in my friends and family and asked them the top perfumes that they currently wear and love. The list for each lady was relatively small- they all tend to have a top two or three fragrances that they are very loyal to. I started out the same way, as you know, with my Stella and Narciso, but now after reading so many fabulous blogs by all of you perfumistas out there (please see ‘blogs I follow’ on my profile page) I have been converted into a full blown perfume connoisseur!

I had so much fun interviewing these ladies and peeking into their scent wardrobes- here are my findings:

My mother, who always smells delightful, is devoted to:

-Laila: which has fruity notes on top of wild flowers and feminine lilac. She likes to wear this fragrance in the “early morning”.

-Hanae Mori Butterfly
: a complex blend of flowers, fruits and woods. This is more of an “evening” scent for her.

-Yves Saint Laurent Paris: A classic with floral and woodsy notes with rose, violet and bergamot. This is her special occasion perfume.


My sister, a yoga goddess and full-time mother of two young boys loves:

-Hanae Mori Butterfly: see above (I suspect my mother and sister were shopping together when they picked up this one).

-Cartier Delice de Cartier: with notes of iced cherry, bergamot, pink pepper, violet, jasmine freesia, amber, Tonka bean, musk and sandalwood.

She says she prefers clean scents that don’t smell too strongly like perfume because she needs a scent that is “mom appropriate”, one that she affectionately told me she can "wear to Target”.



My good friend A, a fashion queen and in-demand stylist to the stars is devoted to:

Bvlgari eau de parfum: amber, sandal, musk, benzoin, vanilla, green tea, and cedar. This is her all time favorite...

Stella by Stella McCartney: (one of my favorites too) Rose, peony flower, mandarin, rose absolute and amber


K, a hip, young housewife in Orange County and mother of one is privy to:

Jo Malone Orange Blossom
: Clementine leaves, morning dew, water lily. This lovely scent is reminiscent of a garden oasis.

She swears that the fact that she likes this fragrance has nothing to do with her living in Orange County.


JS, my hiking companion and fab actress most recently seen on “The Cleaner” loves to wear:

Jessica McClintock eau de parfum
: with citrus notes of lemon, basil, white rose, and white jasmine- she loves this one for daytime.

St. John parfum
: tangerine, marigold, freesia, white rose, night blooming jasmine, apricot, sandalwood, vanilla and amber.

Angel by Thierry Mugler
: the classic oriental gourmand with notes of chocolate. She loves the chocolate...


I am fascinated by what everyday women wear and what moves them… I will continue my scent sleuthing in a part three of this post somewhere down the line where I review yet more friends, family and acquaintances about their scent wardrobes.

Hanae Mori, Yves Saint Laurent Paris, Cartier Delice de Cartier, Bvlgari, Stella by Stella McCartney and Angel by Thierry Mugler can all be found at: www.Sephora.com

Jo Malone Orange Blossom: www.jomalone.com

Laila and St. John: www.nordstrom.com

Jessica McClintock: www.jessicamcclintock.com

Modigliani image from: http://www.mystudios.com


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.