English Wedding


Next week I’ll be leaving Santa Monica and traveling to England for three whole weeks- (*rubbing my hands together*) and I can’t wait! I LOVE England- the people, the roasts, the blazing fires and yes, even the weather (eternal summer in California does get tiresome). This time while there, however, I will be attending my first English wedding. The invitation came in the mail a few weeks ago and suggested “morning dress” for the dress code. Petrified and excited all at the same time, I googled “morning dress” and found a lot of rules for the men- tails, ascot, top hat optional etc.- but no suggestions for the women. I started to panic. Sure I have a lot of great silk dresses that I’ve worn to weddings in California but I’m pretty sure they don’t qualify as “morning dress” and I’m even more sure a hat needs to be thrown into this equation (yikes!).

I do remember recently reading a lot of press about Kate Middleton attending a few royal weddings without Prince William and decided to study her for inspiration…. After all I can’t go wrong learning from a potential future queen!

Here’s what I found:

This is Kate attending the royal wedding of Autumn Kelly and Peter Phillips...


...and attending the wedding of Laura Parker Bowles to Harry Lopes.

I’m noticing a trend of dresses with fitted jackets and, of course, delicious little hats.

I would love any input from you daily connoisseurs on what types of things one wears to an English wedding… I need all the help I can get!

Image of England courtesy of: http:davenportlibrary.com

First image of Kate Middleton courtesy of: www.dailymail.co.uk

Second image of Kate courtesy of: www.dailylife.com


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.