These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...


My favorite movie of all time is Amelie or as it is known in France, Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amelie Poulain. I have been smitten with this movie from the day I saw it in a Paris Cinema over seven years ago. Now, I am definitely a film buff and have many favorites, but no film has ever moved me as Amelie has. Maybe it's because I relate to her so much... who knows?

One of my favorite aspects of the movie is how the narrator introduces each character by listing the small pleasures that they love in life.

For example, Amelie enjoys: plunging her hands into a sack of grain at the market, skipping stones across St. Martin's Canal, and cracking the top of a creme brulee with a spoon...



It is, after all, the small things that are so telling about a person, n'est pas?

So, in the spirit of Amelie, here are a few of my favorite small pleasures in life:

- At night, getting in to a well-made bed. There is something so luxurious about clean sheets, perfectly orchestrated with the duvet, blankets and pillows... ahhh...

- Walking my dog at twilight. This is my favorite time of day... I love looking at people's living rooms all lit up and seeing the way they live... (in a non-creepy way, of course).

- Having a coca-cola with sushi. I generally avoid the stuff (coke, not sushi) and generally consider it poisonous, but for some reason LOVE to have it with my sashimi and spider rolls...

- Laughter. You've all seen the carrot, and now, another picture that will hopefully make you smile...



The list could go on forever...

I would love to know the small things in life that bring you pleasure...

Image of Amelie poster, courtesy of: www.wickimedia.com

Image of Amelie with spoon, courtesy of: www.guardian.co.uk

Image of cute baby monkey from: www.cuteoverload.com


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.