How I Blow Dry My Hair


My latest YouTube video is entitled How I Blow Dry My Hair. The majority of video requests I’ve received have been hair related so I thought I’d show you the basics of what I do when drying my tresses. To see the video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog or visit my channel at: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

And now to continue this week’s post on how I blow dry my hair...

Because I have very dry hair I do not wash my hair everyday (per my stylist’s recommendation). I wash my hair every two or three days. When I wash it I usually blow dry it. Doing so gives my hair a softness and presentable manageability that lasts.

Microfiber Spa Turbans are great! I’ve passed them for years in Bed, Bath & Beyond and beauty supply stores and always thought they were a gimmick- what was wrong with using a regular towel? But the spa turbans actually extract a lot of excess water from the hair, making the hair easier to either towel dry or blow dry.

Using a heat protectant is essential. I found Kérastase Nectar Thermique and will not look back. I love it.

The T3 Featherweight hairdryer is excellent. It uses a patented Tourmaline technology to dry hair 60% faster than the average hair dryer. It is also very durable as I have dropped it several times on my hard, marbled floors and it has not broken! Like the Clarisonic, I waited a long time to get the T3 (because it is rather expensive at $200) but I am happy I did. To see the T3, click here.

Shine spray is a wonderful thing for someone like me who does not have naturally shiny hair. I use: Catwalk by Tigi Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray.

With regards to the “twirl technique” … My stylist Valentino taught me this to keep my ends from getting flat and frizzy: Blow dry the hair as usual and when you get to the ends, twist with your round brush (this technique is highlighted in the video). This will give your hair body, character and bounce.

Use Velcro rollers on the top part of the hair to achieve volume and smoothness. The longer you leave in the rollers, the more volume is achieved. In the video I only left them in for about 5 minutes (husband, baby and dog were hurrying me up!) so I did not achieve as much volume as I would have liked.

As a final note, this video is set to one of my favorite songs ever written- Nocturne in D Flat Major Op. 27 by Chopin performed by Paul Pitman. I downloaded the song from Musopen (www.museopen.com) , a nonprofit company dedicated to providing copyright-free classical music to the public.

I would love to know... how do you blow dry your hair?

Future hair tutorials on YouTube will include: Old Hollywood Hair and Velcro Rollers Tutorial… I hope you'll stay tuned!

Also there will be a special Thursday post this week reviewing the clothing brand Fresh Produce Clothing...


Of course even with a perfect blow dry they can't all be good hair days. If this is the case it's a great idea to wear a hat like I am in the above picture. My Panama hat and I are standing in front of the gardens at the Getty Center in Los Angeles


The Daily Connoisseur is now available on Amazon Kindle

Follow me on Twitter @jenlyneva


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.