Book Update, The Art of Packing and A Holiday by the Sea


I am extremely happy to report that I have finished the rough draft of my very first novel! For the past three months I have been working feverishly, yet happily. Now that I am faced with the rewrite, however, I feel that the real work is about to begin! *sigh*

But before I jump in, I am celebrating this minor accomplishment by going on a three week vacation to Portugal and England. I have never been to Portugal and am very much looking forward to a holiday by the sea...

This upcoming vacation is yet another opportunity for me to try and pack stylishly and efficiently... With my England trip last October I was highly dismayed to have packed way too much- I must have used only 50% of what I brought- which has made me a firm believer that lugging around excess baggage is never a good look.

So this time around I am going to try an experiment. For the entire three weeks I plan on only bringing minimal clothing- 2 cashmere sweaters, 2 pairs of jeans, 4 tops, 4 dresses, 1 bathing suit, 2 pairs of ballet flats, one pair of flip flops (for the beach), and a pair of heels.

I will either feel incredibly liberated with the lack of excess baggage, or I will curse the heavens that I didn't pack enough! Only time will tell...

I would love to know, how do you pack for a trip?


Image courtesy of: www.enjoyart.com


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.