Friday forte: the old edition


St Fillans, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.
It seems to be an "age" week this week, time flies by and already it's the evening ... on Friday ..... and still no Friday forte post.
Time, time, time .... passing ..... too bloody quickly perhaps.

One of my fave bloggers, the amazing Amber, has blogged about age, aging, not feeling your age, getting older..... I've felt at least double my age because of a cold, a domestic upset and the start of Spring Break among other things.

And this week I realised that, for the first time in my life, I am now older than the actor who plays James Bond. Humph!

Time is conspiring against me?
I'm sure that as I get older there are fewer hours in the day. I never felt so rushed when I was younger, or is it now that since I am statistically closer to the event, I realise that time is marching on leaving me with less of it to accomplish what I hope to? Is time giving me a kick in the pants to get with living before It's Too Late?

Maybe I am more aware of my own mortality, something that is missing in the invincibility of youth. There is nothing more sobering than realising that middle aged is exactly what it means ie. halfway thru, and that you really should try to stick around as long as possible for the child which you postponed having until your late thirties.

Whatever, I really should start getting the message and living each day yada yada yada ..........

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.