My At-Home Skincare Routine (by request)





This post comes by request from Jeanne, who wanted to know more about my at-home skincare routine- including steps, products and time. My skincare routine is quick, but ritualistic. I rarely change it up, except when I try out new products- which I do every few months. I suppose you could also call my routine slightly neurotic- it’s just that I’ve had problems with blemishes in the past and I have finally gotten my skin under control (and I want to keep it that way).

P.M. Skincare Routine

I’m going to start by telling you my nighttime skincare routine because the night routine is the most important for me. I wear makeup almost every day (not a lot- just my 10 minute le no makeup look) and it is critical that I take all of my makeup off and cleanse properly every single night.

So... I start by removing my eye makeup very gently with Dermalogica’s Eye Makeup Remover and two cotton squares. Then I use my Clarisonic (the best beauty investment I’ve ever made/ my favorite product in the world) paired with a cleanser. Right now I’m using Philosophy’s Purity because it is gentle and safe during pregnancy… in the past I have used cleansers by Epicuren and Dermalogica and have loved those too. The Clarisonic operates for exactly one minute and I spend the whole minute cleansing my face with gentle pressure in small circular movements. After I cleanse, I rinse my face with room temperature to warm water and pat gently with a dry facecloth that I only use for my face. ** I find this detail to be very important. Wherever I go- whether I am at home, staying with family or in a hotel, I always designate a towel just for my face- that way I can ensure that there is no shampoo, conditioner or other residues that could clog my pores**.

After I gently pat my skin dry with my ‘face only’ designated mini towel (I warned you I was neurotic) I rub in a night cream in a gentle, upsweeping motion. Right now I am using L’Occitane’s Ultra Rich Face Cream. Then I gently pat on an eye cream with the ring finger (it’s the weakest digit and therefore the most gentle). My current eye cream is Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I also apply Korres Guava Lip Butter to keep my lips moisturized. Then I drink a tall glass of warm water with lemon and try to get a good night’s sleep…

A.M. Routine

I still cleanse my face in the morning with the Clarisonic, but this time I only spend 30 seconds on my face and the other 30 seconds cleansing my neck and décolleté. I then apply a face cream with spf. Right now I vacillate between Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar SPF 20 and Korres Wild Rose Moisturizer. Then I lightly apply eye cream and lip balm. After this I am ready to apply makeup.


Body

As far as taking care of the skin on my body, I try to exfoliate every day with a round brush in circular motions. I should probably use a body scrub a couple of times a week but have not done this yet- (I feel like it will just get the shower/ bath horribly dirty). As for moisturizer, in the morning I use Eucerin Calming Cream (I loooove this cream- you can find it in any drugstore- it feels like an expensive cream but is only around $8). In the evening I use Korres Guava Body Butter, which has a lovely scent and is ultra rich and soothing.

There you have my at-home skincare routine. It’s taken me a long time to find what works for me and this is it. I should also note that I get a professional facial every six weeks, drink lots of water, eat my fruits and veggies and exercise regularly- which I also think contributes to healthy looking skin.

Thank you, Jeanne, for your request!

I would love to know… what does your at home skincare routine consist of?

The first picture shows some of the products I mention above including: Eucerin Calming Cream, Philosophy's Purity Cleanser, Korres Guava Body Butter, L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream, Hope in a Jar spf 20, Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment, Korres Guava Lip Butter and my beloved pink Clarisonic.

The second picture is a recent photo taken of me, and while my skin is far from perfect, (shine control anyone?) it is in pretty good shape for me…


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.