Crepes, Theatre and the Fabulous Beryl Cook


So far this week has been quite social for me. Monday night was spent dining at The Creperie in Beverly Hills with three of my best friends. We spent the night eating crepes, laughing and reminiscing... who could ask for a better evening?

Tuesday night I went to the lovely Ahmanson Theatre in Downtown to see the Tony Award winning musical, Spring Awakening. This show was fabulous, but a word to the wise- do not see this with your parents! Who knew so much nudity, cussing and racy actions could be packed into a musical that takes place in turn of the century Germany?! I should have known, with a name like Spring Awakening what I was getting myself into. Luckily I saw this with friends so the embarrassment factor was non-existent. Once I got past the shock factor, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

And finally, while searching for images to post on tonight's blog, I came across the fabulous Beryl Cook's work (see Ladies Who Lunch, above). Cook died in May of this year and what a tragic loss. Her paintings, while not necessarily deep, sure did make me smile. I also love Dining in Paris, below.


Trust me, if Gatsby was allowed in restaurants, this is what "date night" would look like for my husband and me... escargot anyone?

For more information the Creperie, please visit: www.creperiebyjacknjills.com

For information on Spring Awakening, please visit: www.centertheatregroup.org

Ladies Who Lunch courtesy of: www.leadingartevents.co.uk

Dining in Paris courtesy of: www.studio18.co.uk


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.