Paris Tango by Carla Coulson


Yesterday I received a signed copy of the amazing book Paris Tango as a gift from Vicki over at French Essence, one of my favorite new blogs. Vicki’s posting on “Which Parisian Are You?” instantly drew me in as it recalled the time when I lived in Paris as a student- one of the most memorable and fabulous times of my life. So you can imagine the joy and sheer glee when I came home from lunch yesterday to find this gorgeous book on my doorstep.

Paris Tango is a book of staggering beauty with photography and writings by Carla Coulson, an Australian in Paris. It is the sort of book that draws you in instantly- Coulson divides the book into ten chapters: Photography, The Marais, Moulin Rouge, Artists, Gardens, Perfume, Haute Couture, Dogs, The Parisians and Dance. Each chapter is filled with her artistic photography and well written anecdotes about life in Paris.

I spent hours yesterday, perusing through the images and reading about her experience. As I did so, one word kept reverberating in my mind, passion. Yes, that is, perhaps, the reason why so many of us love Paris and why those of us who have been lucky enough to live there or visit are so enthralled by all things French. There is a passion that vibrates through this city. It moves through your pulse and is on the tip of your tongue. It is on your mind and in what you eat. Passion. Carla Coulson’s book is so brilliant because she managed to capture this feeling and put it to the page.

Merci beaucoup Vicki for this wonderful present- I am forever grateful.

For more information on the author, please visit: www.carlacoulson.com


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.