On Happiness


Lately I have noticed a lot of articles written on the subject of happiness: what it is, how to get it and why so many people don’t have it. Yes, happiness seems to be the Holy Grail of emotions for many people right now, so in honor of that certain esprit or joie de vivre that we would all like to have more of, I have decided to list a few things that keep me happy on a daily basis.

- My dog, Gatsby (pictured, as a puppy, above). He is the ultimate companion and best friend. It doesn’t matter if I’ve left the house for two hours or ten minutes, when I step through the front door he is completely overjoyed to see me. His excitement and happiness is palpable and contagious. Any trace of a bad mood is instantly erased when I see that wagging tail.

- Exercise. I’m really enjoying the current combination of yoga, walking and qi gong. I’ve never been much of a gym person and these exercises just seem to boost my mood and keep me happy.

- Reading. As most of you know, I LOVE to read. (Which I why I am always so grateful when I get fab book recommendations from you). I usually read about one to two books a week- its just such a fantastic way to escape and to broaden the mind. What’s on my nightstand right now? Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat Zinn.

- And lastly, finding humor in everyday life. You can imagine my reaction when I came across this carrot at the grocery store the other day... Sometimes spontaneous laughter is an instant portal to happiness.

I would love to know… what makes you happy?


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.