My Top Ten Films of the Decade- #9 Drag Me To Hell


And no, I’m not kidding.

I have to start by saying I do not generally like horror movies. Which is why I was completely surprised to find myself loving this one (*Disclaimer* If you are of the faint of heart variety, I suggest you give this film a miss as it is rather scary. If you can handle a little thrill every now and then, however, do read on).

Sam Raimi’s 2009 horror flick, Drag Me to Hell starring Alison Lohman was one of the most thrilling cinematic experiences I’ve had in a long time. It was scary, funny and camp all rolled into one.

Lohman plays Christine Brown, a bright-eyed Los Angeles loan officer. She doesn’t want much in life- just a promotion at her job, a happy future with her boyfriend (future husband hopefully!) and a shot of happiness- just like the rest of us. But when she turns down an extension on a loan to a mysterious (and scary looking) Mrs. Ganush (played by Lorna Raver) a curse is placed upon her and all hell breaks loose. This movie frightened me, made me laugh out loud on several occasions and thrilled me with its twists and turns… Overall a rollicking good time- and very apropos for this Halloween weekend don't you think?


I do hope you'll stay tuned for my number 8 pick...

Alison Lohman and Co. in a scene from Drag Me to Hell is pictured above.


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.