The Art of Packing- London, Winter 2009



I am leaving shortly for my month long trip to England and I am so excited! (Even though I just checked the weather report and there is no end in sight to the rain… oh well…)

In the past when I have traveled I’ve explored the art of packing and this trip is no different. Being away for an entire month in a very wintry climate poses some challenges to someone who likes to pack in a streamlined and minimalistic fashion (sweaters, boots and outerwear can be so bulky!)- But I think I managed to accomplish this task and packed the right items.

I actually started to pack my suitcase last week. I like to do this when I'm going on a long trip so that I have an entire week to evaluate what can go and what can stay. So, for one month I have packed…

1 black wool trench coat
1 black velvet blazer
4 cashmere sweaters (one v-neck, two crewnecks and one cardigan)
2 cashmere t-shirts
2 pairs of jeans (one black, one dark denim)
1 pair of black slacks
10 lightweight t-shirts and tank tops in neutral colors for layering
1 black wool skirt
2 dresses
4 silk blouses (to pair with skirt or slacks for dressier occasions)
1 scarf
1 pair black knee high flat boots
1 pair black suede high-heeled ankle boots
2 pairs ballet flats (both in patent leather)
1 pair heels

I am not including dresses for Christmas and New Years Eve as I think I'll have more fun purchasing those abroad...

Above I've pictured the smaller of my two bags. This one will be full of Christmas presents for everyone in England (and will come in handy as an extra empty case on the way back)...

If you find yourself traveling this holiday season... may your luggage be merry and light! xx


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.