My Dinner Party



I have recently been regaling you with tales of the dinner parties I attended while living in Paris. Those magical occasions were my favorite part about my time there and through my lamentations of remembrance you wonderful readers gently reminded me that I can in fact throw my own dinner party comme les Français in Santa Monica. Why this never really occurred to me? Je ne sais pas.

So throw one I did! I invited two of my favorite girlfriends J and R(ones that would love me no matter how overcooked the chicken was) and decided to recreate a fête worthy of the city of light.

The Menu:

Caramelized Onion and Feta Cheese Tartlets (purchased at Trader Joe’s but don’t tell anyone)

Roast Chicken with jus
Potatoes au Gratin
Haricot Verts
Sweet Corn

Molten Chocolate Baby Cakes with Raspberry Sauce
(brought by J… so delicious!)

Peach Blinis, Argentinean Malbec and Port


We had a wonderful time- eating, laughing, playing the piano, listening to good music (which got more obscure as the night went on… It went from John Legend, to French Dinner Party, to Carla Bruni, to Opera to Amélie les Crayons!)

We also took pictures. Note the rather blurry Renoir quality they have- this is all the better as I believe we look more mysterious and you cannot see the absolute mess that was my kitchen!







I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am planning on doing another when when I return from England. Thank you for instilling the courage in me to throw my very own soiree comme les Français...

Have you thrown any good dinner parties lately?


PS- J (who made the delicious molten chocolate baby cakes) has a wonderful blog called Dining on Deals where she searches for high end deals in Los Angeles and beyond. Check it out by clicking here.


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.