YSL Parisienne- A Perfume Review


It has been a while since I have fallen in love with a scent. As some of you know the two scents I wear the most are Stella and Narciso Rodriguez For Her. This past summer I purchased Stella Sheer- the limited edition summer version of the original Stella and fell in love with that (and almost cried when I couldn’t get another bottle… it’s long gone- I should have bought two!).

So I am over the moon that Yves Saint Laurent’s new fragrance, Parisienne has hit the shelves because I have sampled it twice now and have literally fallen in love with it! Parisienne is a very feminine scent- and a mysterious one at that. Its main notes are composed of blackberry, damask rose and sandalwood.

At first spray Parisienne is delightful with a heavy sandalwood note but the dry down is where it holds all of its mystery. The blackberry note is much stronger in the dry down and I think I detected notes of… dare I say… Dr. Pepper? I know, I have probably lost the plot but there you have it. I detect Dr. Pepper in the dry down and I am not ashamed to admit that I love it! (It’s a sensual Dr. Pepper... if there can be such a thing).

The commercial for the scent stars Kate Moss writhing in a bed of silk sheets and damask roses with the Eifel tower in the background- and yes that pretty much sums it up. YSL’s Parisienne is a sensual, naughty fragrance. One that I am delighted to have found. I plan on purchasing my very own bottle next week at duty free!

I would love to know what perfume or cologne you’ve fallen in love with recently…


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.