Justin Bieber Remixes Drake's 'Trust Issues' Before VMAs - MTV.com

Justin Bieber and Drake are certainly besties, and Sunday (August 28), Bieber dropped his version of Drake's "Trust Issues," just in time for both guys to make appearances at the MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.

While he maintains much of the integrity of the song musically, Bieber does clean up the language, swapping some of the more-adult lines for PG-rated versions. Instead of the original's "I'mma sip until I feel it, I'mma smoke it till it's done," Bieber sings, "I'mma sing until I feel it, I'mma go till it's done."

Later, the Biebs sings, "You just need to listen, I'll teach you how to fix it/ But you're the only one, 'cause I don't trust these women/ I don't, I don't trust these women." Drake's original verse? "You know what I'm sippin', I teach you how to mix it/ But you're the only one, 'cause I don't trust these bitches/ I don't, I don't trust these bitches."

The song still does keep some of its lyrical edge when Drake makes an appearance, via samples from the original track. While the lyrics might be very different from Drake's original — which will appear of his next album ,Take Care, due in October — the aspect of Bieber's track that will stand out to his loyal devotees is the singer's voice: It's much deeper than what fans have heard from him in the past.

Bieber is nominated for one Moonman at the 2011 VMAs: Best Male Video for "U Smile." His competition includes Eminem, Cee-Lo, Bruno Mars and Kanye West.

The 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards will air live Sunday from Los Angeles at 9 p.m. ET/PT, following the Selena Gomez-hosted pre-show at 8. See the list of nominees, revisit last year's highlights and vote for Best New Artist by visiting VMA.MTV.com.

29 Aug, 2011


--
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNFdfZ5MBLAENnZQurXkcEWa8vTzkQ&url=http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669819/justin-bieber-trust-issues-remix.jhtml
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.